Sunday 31 May 2015

Quiet and Loud

It's been incredibly quiet here on the Alexandra Said So blog, but that's because it's been super loud in Alexandra Said So's life! (Remind me to never again refer to myself in third person, please!)

At the risk of sounding entirely too cliche, it's been a whirlwind couple of weeks. My last exam feels like it may have been years ago, but in fact it's only been a few short weeks since I finished my degree. Sad face! I've spent most of it pondering (and breaking down over) the inevitable unemployment, writing a whole load of fiction pieces and blagging and bagging myself a couple of freelance writing roles. Whilst this blog remains mostly the same, I have been contributing for a couple of other places, so I wanna have a little chat about them.


Firstly, if you follow me on any kind of social media, and/or you are the Sherlock of your time, you've probably guessed that I'm working hard this weekend for #GFW2015 (Graduate Fashion Week for all those who haven't seen my obsessive tweeting) ((It's okay, I didn't know what it stood for either!))


It's been a crazy busy couple of days but I've really taken to the scene. My fabulous access all areas pass let's me see pretty much anything I want to! So I've been channeling my inner-Anna Wintour and sitting nose-up, watching catwalks. I'm kidding, of course! I've really been getting into the show experience, all smiles and no statement sunnies in sight!


If you want to check my reporting on the events hop on over to www.gfw.org.uk (no opinions allowed I'm afraid so I'll save all that for another post on here.)

Secondly, I've managed to get a feature in my pal's online magazine, Bored! I could be super unoriginal and tell you to read if you are indeed bored, but I think you should go over there no matter how you're feeling.

I'm publishing a monthly feature about women in the music industry, only a lot less formal and a lot more hormonal. The first post of Alex's Time of the Month is available by clicking the hyperlink! It's about the wonderful Alabama Shakes! Do it, do it, do it!! Yes I've written about them on here, but the extra curricular is always worth it, right?

For now, that's all but I really hope it doesn't stay that way. I'll be back in a big way up on here so keep coming back, because I said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment