Saturday 18 October 2014

But it's not even Halloween yet...

'But it's not even Halloween yet!?'

The response of everyone when I tell them I'm on the festive hype. I'm well and truly feeling it guys- Christmas is upon us! I might have wandered up to the Liberty's Christmas section whilst out for coffee in Carnaby Street, whoops. I can't tell you how utterly fab it was. I am now so ready to spend the entirety of the time between now and the big day in a little food coma, induced by too many mince pies, with that Michael Bublé christmas album playing merrily on repeat. I'm ready to hear those sleigh bells jingling I tell you! Aside from running the risk that my excitement will burn out too early- there's definitely some plus points to getting christmassy early and I'm gonna damn well tell you 'em.

-Organisation realness! I am, perhaps, one of the least organised people about. I'm also pretty poor most of the time. As a direct result of this I left present buying last year until the last minute, only to realise that I didn't have any money to actually buy anyone a last minute present. Whoops. It was a quiet christmas in my household, don't rock up on Christmas day like Beyonce up here. I've turned it around this year with many presents already bought. It's the perfect student way! Spending little and often. Another plus to buying presents now means that I miss all the Christmas hustle of panic-stricken, crazy-eyed shoppers. Fabulous! Hopefully by the time that Christmas finally does roll around I'll be making it rain with presents for my people. Just call me Santa...

- TURN DOWN (christmas food) FOR WHAT? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The shops are already stocking it, so why should I not be buying it. Christmas food people! I'm talking sugary, cinnamony, festive food goodness. Early roll outs of christmas aisles in grocery stores means I have around three months to pig out on mince pies, yule log, candy canes and so on. I'll have no teeth and an even bigger stomach by the end of it but, it's christmas!

- Can I watch Elf yet? I probably ask myself this on a weekly basis. When is it right to start watching Christmas films? With all this extra festive time I've afforded myself, I have the potential to really crack through some christmas films. Most years I find myself limited to the big five; The Santa Clause, Elf, The Grinch, Miracle on 34th Street and Love Actually. But now I can have a look at some of the other fabulous titles; Nightmare Before Christmas, Muppet's Christmas Carol, Christmas with the Kranks, The Holiday, Bad Santa, It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas! You get me, there's a lot. When I'm done with that list, I'll probably watch the Christmas 24 channel. Christmas films- 24 hours a day. Bloomin' wonderful- it really is a wonderful life...

- Getting snug as a bug in a rug. Alternatively, cats in baskets. Even more alternatively, humans in Christmas Jumpers! Nothing says 'snug' like an ugly christmas jumper. Growing ever so quickly in popularity, christmas jumpers have become the festive season staple, even being granted their own party. Why sit in the cold cold autumn without one on!? It's madness I tell you. Then there's the other half to being super cosy and snug- candles. I'm a massive fan of candles all year round so when the cinnamon spice candles appear on the shelves I know it's time.

Tell those Grinches where to stick it. Get yourself a mug of hot chocolate, pop on the best Michael Bublé's christmas hits, snuggle up in a blanket and I promise you'll find it very difficult not feel all warm and happy inside. Repeat for the next two and half months for festive bliss. Because I said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment