Sunday 24 August 2014

Music Musts

Very good Sunday to you all! Hopefully a very good Sunday to me too. To say that this week has been dramatic would be an understatement. In fact, I've probably had enough drama to fill me an entire Keeping up with the Kardashians episode, a Lord knows that ain't an easy task (E!, hit me up if you fancy filming an hour of footage of me trying to clean up cat poop and/or crying). Safe to say it's been difficult to wrap my head around my own problems, let alone the celebrity world of dreamz and dramz this week. But I'm still gonna have a crack at my top five things this week because, well, I'm just that good of a person. This week I'm doing this music themed. Because I can.

If you haven't checked out my other Sunday posts then I'll tell ya' that this little segment is the type of rubbish we'd chat in the office around the water cooler. Get it? Do you get it? You get it? Let's carry on then. (And/or you should definitely check out the other week's, even though the news is probably now outdated and irrelevant) ((yay)).

New music, new music, new music. Firstly, if you really haven't been keeping up then you will have missed my festival crazed posting this week. Glitter and camping and drinking is my fave. You also won't know that I'm not at Reading Festival and I'm pretty pissed about it. But I have found some incredible new talent, just by watching the ol' telly box. 


My fave new find is this lovely lady, Lizzo, who did a cheeky little performance up in the BBC Three Treehouse. Not only was the song catchy as heck, but she has such a nice face. The kind of face you wanna have a joke with over a bottle of wine. Not sure if I want to be her or be with her but for sure I want every outfit from her music videos. Girl knows about a sequin. See what I'm chattering on about by watching above. She's on my list of people I must see live. Yaaas. 

Must stay away from... Sleeping with Sirens. Now, I must admit the band is not one that I'd jump on the band wagon (get it!?) for, but the 14 year old scene kid in me would definitely give 'em a go. Heck! The 14 year old me probably would have loved their music. I caught their live set at Reading online today, which was simultaneously really disappointing and exciting. Exciting because, well it proved that you didn't have to hit the notes or stay in key with the rest of the band to be on the MainStage, so I'm definitely in the with a shot! Next year headliner- Alexandra Said So (I might even be in key, who knows!?). It's safe to say I'll probably never give this band a listen again, unless I need to feel better about myself. Go watch their set if you enjoy a noise that's worse than any cat simile I can think of.


New single, new single, new single. This is my second find. It's not exactly new, if you follow me on twitter or tumblr you'll have seen me hollering about this track. I managed to catch it performed live at Reading through the red button and it really solidified my love. So ready for this new album in my life. Ezra Koening (who I have a little (big) crush on) pops his vocals on the track just brilliantly. If you don't want to say 'Gargoyles, gargling oil' over and over then nothing will please you. Listen to the tongue twisty bass'y-bass'y song below, and feel epic. 


Old music, new TV show. The trailer for the new HBO series following the Foo Fighters has been released and my word it's a beauty. I'm not sure if it's just my hormones playing up but I felt totes emosh just watching the advert, so I feel like this could be something special. Music lovers unite over this one. Or Foo Fighter's fans. Whoever. If you haven't seen it yet, watch the trailer below. 



Possible live music!? For those of us who have started thinking about what to wear for Glasto' 2015, the rumours have started rolling around too! Grab your sequins because it could be a diva fest. After the amazing, amazing, ah-may-zing performance from my fave little person Dolly Parton, they've apparently asked Miss Diana Ross to step up to the metaphorical plate and belt out some hits for the drunken masses. Apparently. It's all hush hush and unconfirmed, but a mighty good rumour it may be.  One might even call it supreme... (buh dum dum tsch).


More free live music!!! More names have been added to the fantastic list of artists and acts that are performing as part of the iTunes Festival, the bloomin' fabulous Jessie Ware being one of them. I am so much more than eagerly anticipated her new album 'Tough Love' especially since the release of single 'Say You Love Me' co-written by Ed Sheeran. Her voice on the track is just perfect as it moves from cool chic pop to something maybe a little more mainstreamy. I hope this earns her a place in the charts and many more fans to hear what else she has to offer. Listen to the new single here...

So there's all my music-y opinions and thoughts this week. No celeb news, no real news, no other nothing. Just music. Because music is pretty fab. Because I said so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment