Wednesday 27 August 2014

Top Buns

Holy sh*t, it's National Burger Day! Another one of those pesky designated days that go slipping by... well not this time! Although, I was awake early enough to catch the twitter-sphere in action, I'll still probably not do anything about it. Instead, I'm going to tell you about my top five burgers! (yes I have a list). That's if I don't get too hungry and abandon writing in search of a burger (which is verrrrry likely).

First things first (I'm the realist). A realist knows the place to look for a bloody good burger would have to be the big ol' chain and burger enthusiast- Gourmet Burger Kitchen. Me-oh-my do they put on a good spread. My burger of choice has to be the Camemburger! It's got bloomin' camembert in it (and a hash brown!!?!) ((and a brioche bun)). Both punny and delicious, it's my top pick forever. It's a little on the 'expenny side at £9.75 without any sides, but if you hang about until they do the two for £10 deals (upgrade to RH burgers for an extra £1.50), then you're looking at only paying £6.50. Huzzah! Student genius. Their skinny fries are pretty fabulous too.
(Source: Camemburger- GBK at Bluewater Bluewater.co.uk)

Next burger on my hit list has to be from the Meat Mission menu. My word, they know how to do a burger! I popped over to Old Street for a pal's birthday not too long ago and found out how incredible their food tastes. They're not wrong to compare it to a religious experience, it's something holy. From their 'Baptism' menu it's all about the Hippie Fries. No clue what the sauce is but it's yum. From the 'Communion' menu I'm all for the classic Cheeseburger at £7.50. It's simple, but it's definitely effective. Thank God I found this one because I'm definitely a convert. (They do deliveries and take away too, omg).
(Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/travel/restaurant-report-meat-mission-in-london.html)
Line up with your tray like you would back in school with your pals to have a full on regression session at Shake Shack in Covent Garden! It really serves up some canteen realness, but it ain't no school dinner let me tell ya'. Its simple diner style burger and fries are all you need, so damn tasty! 100% worth a spot on my top five list. Although I'm lactose intolerant I still ate the cheese burger because it looked so damn tasty, it was worth it (consequences and all), delicious. You're looking at forking out around £7 for the burger fries combo but can just pick up a lone burger if you fancy it.
(Source: http://www.shakeshack.com/food-and-drink/)


For something a little cheaper I'm looking at my local Wetherspoons to give me my burger fix. If you're a student you'll already have your set meal from the menu. We all do, it's fine. It's probably from their burger section because it comes with a drinks deal, and that's really all we're looking for. I'd pick the trusted plain burger (I sometimes go for the chicken to change it up a bit), then add my own toppings. S'all about cheese and onion rings. Need I say anything else? It's £5.95 (I think), with sides and drink included. The ultimate student deal.
(Source: http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/food)
Finally, how could it not be on here... It's helped me through many hangovers and has been my go to drunk order on many nights out. It rarely varies in taste, it's always just as greasy, serving burger badness to new levels. It's the McDonald's Double Cheeseburger. It's so bad it's good and I'm okay with that. It's £1.49, you know exactly what you're getting, why complain? It will never look like the picture, it will always be squashed and misshapen and stuck together with too much processed cheese. But sometimes, you just need proper junk food. All hail the double cheeseburger! (So glorious).
(Source:http://aht.seriouseats.com/images/20081211-mcd-doublecheese.jpg)

So there we have it pals! It's my top pick of burgers on National Burger Day, how original! Comment and let me know your fave places to indulge in burger-y goodness. Go out and treat yo'self to something meaty, because I said so. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment